GST Registration in Tambaram
A GST registration obtained in India can be cancelled by the registered person at any time in case of death of registered person under GST.
A GST registration granted to a person can be cancelled by an Officer, if:
- The taxable person under GST does not conduct any business from the declared place of business; or
- Issues invoice or bill without supply of goods or services in violation of the GST Act and/or GST rules.
- If a person having GST registration has continously not filed GST returns for six months.
Before the cancellation of registration, the Officer would issue a notice to such person whose GST registration is liable to be cancelled, requiring show cause within seven working days from the date of service of such notice. The registered person can reply to the show cause notice within the prescribed time, or the GST registration can stand cancelled.
Voluntary Cancellation By The Registered Person
Under Section 29 of the CGST Act, a GST registration cancellation can be initiated by the person registered under GST in the following circumstances:
- Discontinuance or closure of a business.
- Transfer of business, amalgamation, merger, de-merger, lease or other pertinent reasons.
- Change in the constitution of business, which results in a change of PAN.
- Turnover reduces below the threshold limit for GST registration.
- Death of the sole proprietor.
- Any other reason, the likes of which must be proved in the application.
Before Applying For GST Cancellation
Before applying for GST registration cancellation, the taxpayer must file all the GST returns up to date. In case there is non-compliance with respect to GSTR-3B return or GSTR-1 return or GST annual return.
Final GST Payment
While applying for GST cancellation, the applicant is mandated to pay any overdue GST liability as per the GST returns filed.